Treatment for neck pain
Neck pain can be very painful leading to sleepless nights, exhaustion, and preventing you from doing everyday activities such as work, looking after the children, exercise, driving etc.
What to do if you have neck pain:
- Don’t use heat (even if it feels temporarily better) as this just increases the inflammation. Instead use an ice pack wrapped in a tea towel (frozen peas work well). Use for 10-15 minutes every 2 hours.
- Keep your neck moving within your pain limits (not moving your neck at all can cause it to ”sieze up” even more).
- Avoid sleeping on your stomach, it puts strain on both your neck and your back.
- When using laptops and computer tablets (e.g. ipads) lift the monitor to eyelevel and use a separate keyboard and mouse. This keeps your neck in a more neutral position rather than straining and looking down.
- Use a headset if you are on the phone for a long time each day.
- If your pain does not go within several days, do not wait until it becomes unbearable, seek chiropractic advice.
Chiropractic has been proven to help with neck pain and Liz and Nick have over 25 years experience between them to help you. We have successfully treated hundreds of patients with neck pain, so there is a good chance we can help you.
Liz and Nick are available for free advice via email or phone. Alternatively, you may want to come in for a free screening examination at our Chiropractic Clinic in Gloucester during which we can recommend how best to proceed based on the findings of that exam.
We’re here to help.
If you are looking for treatment for neck pain or a whiplash injury, please get in touch with us to book an appointment at our Chiropractic clinic in Gloucester. If you live around Gloucester, Cheltenham, Tewkesbury, Newent and parts of the Forest of Dean or Stroud, then contact us. We are the only Chiropractors in Gloucester to offer a money back guarantee. Remember we are only a phone call away. If you would like to discuss this topic further please call us on 01452 898014 or email us.